Date of posting: 1st October 2019
Are you a hard-working & motivated web developer who wants to work for a Manchester City Centre based digital agency?
*STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES*
We’re on the look out for a talented & experienced Front-End Developer to join our team. The successful applicant will have a minimum of 3 years experience in developing WordPress websites, and be enthusiastic and confident about your work. You’ll be expected to take a lead on website builds, work with our existing designers, project managers and digital marketing team, and help to improve our current build methods & processes.
Excellent communication skills are required, ensuring you can see through projects from start to finish. If you have a real excitement for development and are always looking to improve your skills then read on.
Here’s what we need from you:
- HTML5, CSS3, SASS, LESS
- PHP & MySQL
- Responsive & mobile-first development experience
- Modern web development framework experience such as Node, React, Angular etc
- Modern build environment experience
- Cross-browser/device testing
- Git Hub workflow management
- 3+ years minimum experience with WordPress & Woocommerce, including Advanced Custom Fields
- Understanding of domains & hosting environments, typically Plesk & Linux
- Understanding of customer needs and key considerations for user experience
- Proven/past portfolio of work
- Appreciation of modern website design
- SEO & Adwords experience
- Understanding of SEO
Personal Development, Communication & Teamwork requirements
- Participate in project “kick-off” sessions, collaborating with the wider team
- Communicating regularly with clients and other team members
- Strong organisational effectiveness and time management
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Have an outstanding attention to detail
- Work to project milestones, reporting to a project manager
- Offer insightful help wherever possible
You must be hard-working and punctual, with the ability to fit into a small but growing team.
Competitive salary paid.
Perks of working at Pixel Kicks
- Work at one of the highest client rated digital agencies in Manchester
- Plush city centre office on the corner of Ancoats & the Northern Quarter
- Company pension
- Clear career progression
- Flexible working arrangements including use of the newly refurbished Express Building next door
- Relaxed working environment
- Xbox & Super Nintendo
- Dual monitor, high spec PC setup
- Private kitchen
- Free coffee, tea and biscuits supplied, with occasional Friday lunches paid for
- Free beer on Friday afternoons
- Staff 10% discount at Kettlebell Kitchen
- Opportunity for growth and promotion within our expanding company
- Annual salary reviews in line with own & company performance
We’re currently a team of 10 with a smart office in Ancoats, Manchester. We treat our staff to the usual coffee, tea, biscuits, snacks, and we have #spotifridays where the tunes come on a bit louder in the afternoon. There’s an Xbox with Call of Duty, Fifa and a few lesser played games, plus a classic SNES with Street Fighter, Super Mario Kart and more. We have a relaxed but hard-working office environment where everyone is a vital part of our team.
This is a great opening for the right person at a well respected and growing agency company, based on the corner of Ancoats and the Northern Quarter in Manchester city centre. Please complete the form below to apply.
STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES