Vacancy: Front-end Web Developer
Date of posting: 11th October 2023
*STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES*
Are you a Front-End Web Developer experienced in WordPress?
We’re on the look out for a talented Front-End Web Developer to join our team. The successful applicant will have a minimum of 2 years experience developing WordPress and ideally Shopify websites too, and be enthusiastic and confident about their work.
You’ll be expected to help our busy web team with full project builds, smaller site updates, testing and anything else to help us meet tight deadlines. We’ll expect you to work to project milestones, reporting to a team manager and having regular meetings to ensure progress.
Our team practises clean & lean development methods and we try to limit plug-in use as much as possible.
Do you have a real excitement for web development and are willing to work hard, learn, and improve in a fast-paced environment? This is a fantastic opportunity with a well respected and growing Manchester agency.
The ideal candidate needs to have:
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong organisational effectiveness and time management
- Excellent communication skills
- An outstanding attention to detail
- Appreciation of modern website design
- A keen approach towards self-learning and development.
- Confidence to have 1-2-1 calls with clients and translate their requirements into actionable tasks
- 2+ years experience with WordPress, experienced in ACF and flexible content
- 1+ years experience with Shopify, coding in Liquid
- 1+ years agency experience
- Responsive & mobile-first development experience
- Cross-browser / device testing
- GitHub workflow management
- Modern build environment experience
- Knowledge and exposure to web accessibility guidelines
- Understanding of domains & hosting environments
- Experience with WooCommerce
- Knowledge & exposure to other CMS platforms such as Craft CMS (using Craft Matrix blocks in particular)
- Understanding of customer needs and key considerations for user experience
- Understanding of SEO from a technical perspective
- Understanding of Core Web Vitals and website optimisation
- Experience with Linux & Plesk in particular
- Online work portfolio
Competitive salary paid dependant on experience.
Perks of working @ Pixel Kicks
- Flexible hybrid working policy, with up to 2 remote days per week
- Health insurance for all employees
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company pension scheme
- “Perks At Work” programme offering a range of benefits, discounts and deals
- 24 holidays per year (in addition to statutory and public holidays), with one full day extra for every two years of service
- Birthday off in addition to the above
- Training & development plans with the opportunity to grow and progress within the company
- Regular work social events
- Annual salary reviews in line with own & company performance
- Positive, hard-working and relaxed working environment
What’s it like working @ Pixel Kicks
- Access to a variety of experienced colleagues who are all happy to help, so you’ll have access to a great support network.
- You’ll work on small & large, straightforward & complex projects, so there’s plenty of opportunity to grow as a developer.
- Work at one of the highest client rated digital agencies in Manchester
- Great city centre office on the corner of Ancoats & the Northern Quarter
- High-spec computer setup
- Relaxed working environment
- Xbox, Super Nintendo and other retro consoles
- Dartboard, Chess
- Free beer, soft drinks, snacks and occasional team meals out
Not everyone works the same, we understand that. You have the ability to be flexible with the hours you work, to suit your preferences. That’s why we have the option of splitting your time between the office and home.
We’re a vibrant and fast-growing team of 21 with a smart office on the corner of Ancoats and the Northern Quarter in Manchester. We have a relaxed but hard-working office environment where everyone is a vital part of our team. There’s a variety of modern and retro consoles to use at break times.
Life’s too short. We believe it’s important you enjoy the company of those around you, while feeling like you’re making a difference. In a year, you spend approx:
- 37.5 hours per week
- 162.50 hours per month
- 1,950 hours per year
So why do it with problem colleagues and a company you don’t believe in? Instead, come to a place where:
- You’re valued.
- You’re respected and welcomed into a high performing team.
- You can progress and carve out your own career path
What do we stand for?
Always do right by our clients: We want to provide the best possible service to our loyal and valued clients. For us this means maintaining high standards and having an open and transparent dialogue with our partners.
Trust in our team: If we employ you to do a job, it means we trust you. You won’t find any micro management here. There’s no clock watching, no questioning of holidays and no out of hours overreach.
We recruit great people, with the right attitudes who want to deliver big results for our digital partners. Whilst we require core, basic skills there will always be an opportunity for the right person to come in, work hard and be rewarded.
This is a great opening for the right person at a well respected and growing agency in Manchester city centre.
STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Please email your CV through to [email protected].