Vacancy: Front-End Web Developer
Date of posting: 22nd June 2020
*STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES*
Are you a hard-working & motivated web developer who wants to work for a Manchester City Centre based digital agency?
We’re on the look out for a talented & experienced Front-End Developer to join our team. The successful applicant will have a minimum of 3 years experience in developing WordPress websites, and be enthusiastic and confident about your work. You’ll be expected to take a lead on website builds, work with our existing designers, developers, project managers and digital marketing team, and help to improve our current build methods & processes.
Our sites are coded from scratch and we try to limit plug-in use as much as possible.
Excellent communication skills are required, ensuring you can see through projects from start to finish. If you have a real excitement for development and are always looking to improve your skills then read on.
Here’s what we need from you:
- HTML5, CSS3, SASS, LESS
- PHP & MySQL
- Responsive & mobile-first development experience
- Cross-browser/device testing
- GitHub workflow management
- Modern web development framework experience such as Node, React, Angular etc
- Modern build environment experience
- 3+ years minimum experience with WordPress & WooCommerce, including Advanced Custom Fields
- Understanding of domains & hosting environments, typically Plesk & Linux
- Understanding of customer needs and key considerations for user experience
- Proven/past portfolio of work
- Appreciation of modern website design
- SEO & Adwords experience
- Understanding of SEO
Personal Development, Communication & Teamwork requirements
- Participate in project “kick-off” sessions, collaborating with the wider team
- Communicating regularly with clients and other team members
- Strong organisational effectiveness and time management
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Have an outstanding attention to detail
- Work to project milestones, reporting to a project manager
- Offer insightful help wherever possible
You must be hard-working and punctual, with the ability to fit into a small but growing team.
Competitive salary paid.
Perks of working at Pixel Kicks
- Work at one of the highest client rated digital agencies in Manchester
- Plush city centre office on the corner of Ancoats & the Northern Quarter
- Secondary office at the newly refurbished Express Building next door for focused work
- 1 Gigabit internet connection 💥
- Company pension
- Clear career progression
- Relaxed working environment
- 2 x Xboxs, Super Nintendo, Darts board
- Dual monitor, high spec PC setup
- Private kitchen
- Free coffee, tea and biscuits supplied, with occasional Friday lunches paid for
- Free beer on Friday afternoons
- Staff 10% discount at Kettlebell Kitchen
- Opportunity for growth and promotion within our expanding company
- Annual salary reviews in line with own & company performance
We’re currently a team of 12 with a smart office in Ancoats, Manchester. We treat our staff to the usual coffee, tea, biscuits, snacks, and we have #spotifridays where the tunes come on a bit louder in the afternoon. There’s an Xbox with Call of Duty, Fifa and a few lesser played games, plus a classic SNES with Street Fighter, Super Mario Kart and more. We have a relaxed but hard-working office environment where everyone is a vital part of our team.
This is a great opening for the right person at a well respected and growing agency company, based on the corner of Ancoats and the Northern Quarter in Manchester city centre.
STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Please email your CV through to [email protected]