Vacancy: Front-End Web Developer
Date of posting: 12th May 2021
*STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES*
Are you a hard-working & motivated web developer who wants to work for a Manchester City Centre based digital agency?
We’re on the look out for a talented & experienced Front-End Developer to join our team. The successful applicant will have a minimum of 3 years experience in developing WordPress websites, and be enthusiastic and confident about your work. You’ll be expected to take a lead on website builds, work with our existing designers, developers, project managers and digital marketing team, and help to improve our current build methods & processes.
Our sites are coded from scratch and we try to limit plug-in use as much as possible.
Excellent communication skills are required, ensuring you can see through projects from start to finish. If you have a real excitement for development and are always looking to improve your skills then read on.
Here’s what we need from you:
- HTML, CSS, SASS, LESS
- PHP & MySQL
- Responsive & mobile-first development experience
- Cross-browser/device testing
- GitHub workflow management
- Modern build environment experience
- Knowledge of Node, React, Angular etc
- Knowledge and exposure to Core Web Vitals
- Knowledge and exposure to web accessibility guidelines
- 3+ years minimum experience with WordPress & WooCommerce, including Advanced Custom Fields
- Understanding of domains & hosting environments, typically Plesk & Linux
- Understanding of customer needs and key considerations for user experience
- Confident communication with clients and capable in meetings
- Proven/past portfolio of work
- Appreciation of modern website design
- Understanding of SEO
- Knowledge & exposure to other ecommerce content management systems such as Magento and Shopify
Personal Development, Communication & Teamwork requirements
- Participate in project “kick-off” sessions, collaborating with the wider team
- Communicating regularly with clients and other team members
- Strong organisational effectiveness and time management
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Have an outstanding attention to detail
- Work to project milestones, reporting to a project manager
- Offer insightful help wherever possible
You must be hard-working and punctual, with the ability to fit into a small but growing team.
Competitive salary paid.
Perks of working at Pixel Kicks
- Annual salary reviews in line with own & company performance, with clear career progression
- Work at one of the highest client rated digital agencies in Manchester
- Remote working allowed
- City centre office on the corner of Ancoats & the Northern Quarter
- Secondary office at the newly refurbished Express Building next door for focused work
- 1 Gigabit internet connection
- Company pension
- Relaxed working environment
- 2 x Xboxs, Super Nintendo, Darts board
- Dual monitor, high spec PC or Mac setup
- Free coffee, tea and biscuits supplied, with occasional Friday lunches paid for
- Free beer on Friday afternoons
- Staff 10% discount at Kettlebell Kitchen
We’re a vibrant and fast-growing team of 12 with a smart office in Ancoats, Manchester. We treat our staff to the usual coffee, tea, biscuits, snacks, and we have #spotifridays where the tunes come on a bit louder in the afternoon. There’s an Xbox with Call of Duty, Fifa and a few lesser played games, plus a classic SNES with Street Fighter, Super Mario Kart and more. We have a relaxed but hard-working office environment where everyone is a vital part of our team.
This role can be remote-based, but as 2021 progresses we want to hopefully start bringing our team back together, so we would want you to come into the office as much as possible. Currently our team are mostly working-from home.
This is a great opening for the right person at a well respected and growing agency company, based on the corner of Ancoats and the Northern Quarter in Manchester city centre.
STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Please email your CV through to [email protected]