Vacancy: Front-End Web Developer
Date of posting: 20th June 2022
*STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES*
Are you a Front-End Web Developer who wants to work for a growing digital agency?
We’re on the look out for a talented Front-End Web Developer to join our team. The successful applicant will have a minimum of 1 years experience developing mainly WordPress websites, and be enthusiastic and confident about their work.
You’ll be expected to help our busy web team with full project builds, smaller site updates, content work, testing and anything else to help us meet tight deadlines. We’ll expect you to work to project milestones, reporting to a team manager and having regular meetings to ensure progress.
We produce beautiful, well built and fast loading websites. All of them are coded from scratch and we try to limit plug-in use as much as possible. You must be hard-working and punctual, with the ability to fit into a small but growing team.
Do you have a real excitement for web development and are willing to work hard, learn, and improve in a fast-paced environment? This is a fantastic opportunity with a well respected and growing Manchester agency.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong organisational effectiveness and time management
- Excellent communication skills
- An outstanding attention to detail
- Appreciation of modern website design
- A keen approach towards self-learning and development.
- Confidence to have 1-2-1 calls with clients and translate their requirements into actionable tasks
- HTML5, CSS3, SASS
- React / Next / Angular / Vue
- Responsive & mobile-first development experience
- Cross-browser / device testing
- GitHub workflow management
- Modern build environment experience
- Knowledge and exposure to web accessibility guidelines
- 1+ years minimum experience with WordPress
- WooCommerce exposure and experience
- Understanding of domains & hosting environments, typically Plesk & Linux
- PageSpeed optimisation focused builds
- Understanding of SEO
- Knowledge & exposure to WordPress Advanced Custom Fields
- Knowledge & exposure to other CMS platforms such as Shopify and Craft CMS
- Knowledge & exposure to headless CMS frameworks
- Understanding of customer needs and key considerations for user experience
- Knowledge and exposure to Core Web Vitals
- Online work portfolio
Perks of working at Pixel Kicks
- Positive and inclusive environment with a focus on learning and development
- Access to a variety of experienced colleagues who are all happy to help, so you’ll have access to a great support network.
- You’ll work on small & large, straightforward & complex projects, so there’s plenty of opportunity to grow as a developer.
- Annual salary reviews in line with own & company performance, with clear career progression
- Work at one of the highest client rated digital agencies in Manchester
- Up to 2 remote working days per week
- City centre office on the corner of Ancoats & the Northern Quarter
- High-spec setup, with a choice of working options:
- Laptop + secondary 24” monitor with separate keyboard & mouse.
- Desktop PC setup with 2 x 24” monitors supplied
- 1 Gigabit internet connection
- Company pension
- Relaxed working environment
- 2 x Xboxs, Super Nintendo, Dartboard, Chess
- Free coffee, tea and biscuits supplied, with occasional Friday lunches paid for
- Free beer on Friday afternoons (plus random other days)
We’re a vibrant and fast-growing team of 16 with a smart office in Ancoats, Manchester. We treat our staff to the usual coffee, tea, biscuits, snacks, and we have #spotifridays where the tunes come on a bit louder in the afternoon.
There’s an Xbox with Call of Duty, Fifa and a few lesser played games, plus a classic SNES with Street Fighter, Super Mario Kart and more. We have a relaxed but hard-working office environment where everyone is a vital part of our team.
All members of our team are allowed the option of up to two days per week flexibility to work from home.
This is a great opening for the right person at a well respected and growing agency company, based on the corner of Ancoats and the Northern Quarter in Manchester city centre.
STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Please email your CV through to [email protected]