Avalon Funeral Plans
Avalon Funeral Plans have been voted "Best Funeral Plan Provider" for 4 years running, and they chose Pixel Kicks to design and build their new website.
After seeing our previous experience in the funeral care industry, Avalon approached Pixel Kicks with an opportunity to pitch for their new website project.
Discussions focused around creating an intelligent design crafted carefully around the brief and updated brand guidelines. A full reworking of the UX and customer journey became necessary, along with moving away from a reliance on photography, introducing new colours and additional graphical elements .
Some of their goals included:
- Strong SEO – this was a key requirement for the new site
- Lead Gen – looking for a partner who can demonstrate expertise in search marketing, to ensure the site is on Page 1 of Google and other search engines for all relevant keywords
- Sales / Transactional – allow customers to purchase online, in multi-currencies
- Security and Regulation – GDPR compliant, FCA compliant, full penetration testing performed
Further to this, a few key features were additionally required:
- Ecommerce for customers to purchase plans via SagePay
- Ability to create and edit flexible landing pages
- Mobile first
- Easy to manage and future-proof CMS
- API integration with Avalon’s CRM
- Security & regulation compliance
Georgia Marshall-Brown, Digital Transformation Lead at Avalon Funeral Plans said:
We launched our new website with the team at Pixel Kicks and the experience has been brilliant, working with friendly, supportive and knowledgeable members. Throughout the project from design, development all the way to launch and ongoing monitoring and reporting, everything was smooth. Our team at Avalon are very happy with the results and looking forward to future developments as we continue to work together.